This product allows collaboration between Altium Designer and SOLIDWORKS. You can create a realistic model of your PCB in SOLIDWORKS using native SOLIDWORKS parts. In addition, you can move Parts or edit the shape of the PCB in SOLIDWORKS and have those changes reflected in PCB editor. This enables you to check for assembly problems such as mis-alignment of mounting holes or mechanical interference of components and correct them. This product enables you to detect design errors very early in the design process when it is easy to correct them. It also allows you to make better design decisions by having the electronics and mechanical design information in the one assembly.
You can also start your PCB design in SOLIDWORKS by defining the board shape, mounting hole locations and critical Part locations. You can then use this information to automatically create a new Altium PCB document that is guaranteed to be mechanically correct.
- Simple intuitive user interface
- Creates a SOLIDWORKS assembly from a PCB
- Work with native SOLIDWORKS parts instead of huge STEP files
- Fully integrated into the Altium application including a Workspace Panel and Toolbars
- Converts Altium Bodies and Embedded Step Models to SOLIDWORKS parts
- Bi-directional operation – make changes in the SOLIDWORKS assembly and “Synchronize” them in the PCB editor and vice versa
- Supports Rigid/Flex
- Functions to compare the board shape, cut-outs, holes and component locations between the PCB and the assembly and flag changes.
- Get board outline, mounting hole, routing keepouts, height rules and component location data from SOLIDWORKS into your PCB
- Models copper, silk screens and Solder Masks as editable extrusions (not parasolids)
- Models multi-layer PCB’s with each layer pair created as a separate Part
- Available for Altium Designer 14, 15, 16 and 17
For information on SOLIDWORKS: www.solidworks.com
For information on Altium Designer: www.Altium.com
Note: This product requires access to a SOLIDWORKS license on your PC