This product requires a license of SolidWorks to be installed on your Altium PC, if this is not suitable for your company, Try this product
This product allows collaboration between Altium Designer and SOLIDWORKS. You can create a realistic model of your PCB in SOLIDWORKS using native SOLIDWORKS parts. In addition, you can move Parts or edit the shape of the PCB in SOLIDWORKS and have those changes reflected in the PCB editor. This enables you to check for assembly problems such as mis-alignment of mounting holes or mechanical interference of components and correct them. This product enables you to detect design errors early in the design process when it is easy to correct them. It also allows you to make better design decisions by having the electronics and mechanical design information in the one assembly.
You can also start your PCB design in SOLIDWORKS by defining the board shape, mounting hole locations and critical Part locations. You can then use this information to automatically create a new Altium PCB document that is guaranteed to be mechanically correct.
The product has an option to run in multi-tasking mode so that you can still use Altium while SOLIDWORKS is running.
- Creates a SOLIDWORKS assembly from an Altium PCB
- Work with native SOLIDWORKS parts instead of huge STEP files
- Fully integrated into the Altium application including a Workspace Panel and Toolbars
- Converts Altium bodies and embedded step models to SOLIDWORKS parts
- Bi-directional operation – make changes in the SOLIDWORKS assembly and “Synchronize” them in the PCB editor and vice versa
- Supports Rigid/Flex
- Functions to compare the board shape, cut-outs, holes and component locations between the PCB and the assembly and flag changes
- Get board outline, mounting hole, routing keepouts, height rules and component location data created in SOLIDWORKS into your PCB
- Models copper, silk screens and Solder Masks as editable extrusions (not parasolids)
- Models multi-layer PCB’s with each layer pair created as a separate Part
- Option to run in multi-tasking mode so you can still use Altium while the program build the SOLIDWORKS assembly. This is available for these commands :
- Convert Step Models to Parts
- Create Assembly
- Create Board Outline Part
- Available for Altium Designer 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18
For information on SOLIDWORKS: www.solidworks.com
For information on Altium Designer: www.Altium.com
Note: This product requires access to a SOLIDWORKS license on your PC