The PADS ASCII Modeler reads PADS ASCII data, transparently formats it into IDF data and creates a 3D Assembly. This enables you to create a 3D PCB assembly.
It also allows you to create a PADS ASCII file from your assembly. This allows you to start a PCB design in your mechanical design package.
This provides PADS users who do not have the PADS IDF Link with the ability to create 3D Assemblies of their PCB’s.
- Same ease of use as with the IDF Modeler
- All IDF Modeler Import features are supported
- Converts PADS keepouts into IDF Keepouts
- Includes the ability to model copper pads and traces and Silk Screen in the 3D assembly – this is a feature that is not possible with standard IDF
- Available for SOLIDWORKS, Inventor and Solid Edge
- Supports PADS V5, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 9.x ASCII files